[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
DrumPerfect.nl • View topic - Completely new to drumperfect

Completely new to drumperfect

Forum for users of DrumPerfect drum sequencer app for IOS.

Completely new to drumperfect

Postby Kingici » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi,

To kick me off with my recording process using the iPad and Auria, I wanted a drum machine app that could produce realistic drum sounds and also allow me to import the individual tracks into Auria for mixing. I read lots of really good reports on drumperfect and so I was pleased to purchase it.

However, to get me started - I don't really want to be programming all my own drum patterns and would love to be able to use preloaded Rock and pop patterns that I can use and then edit to my hearts content.

Unless I am using it incorrectly, I have found that the samples provided with the app are limited and are not really for standard rock and pop patterns.

So my question is - how can I get hold of great sounding drum patterns that I can import into the app to allow me to manipulate and then eventually import into Auria as part of my recordings?

Many thanks.
Kingici

Re: Completely new to drumperfect

Postby Marinus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 pm

apart from plain programming, you can create patterns in different ways:

1. Import a standard midi file. The drum track in the midi file will be converted into a song with editable patterns. Go to Song view, tap "Load", enable "Show midi files" and select the desired midi file. Midi files can be installed by copying them to DP's app folder via iTunes or by using "Open-in" from other midi-capable apps.
2. Play and record patterns in real-time via midi-in, e.g. with coremidi/electronic drumpads or via virtual midi from other apps.

Does this answer your question?

Best, Marinus
Marinus
Site Admin

Postby Kingici » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

What I was really after was where can I get hold of good drum patterns that I can import as midi files?
Is there another app that I can use or a website I can go to get hold of these?

Many thanks.
Kingici

Postby Marinus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Marinus
Site Admin

Postby levispeights » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:00 pm

I haven't tried it yet, but you can get a bunch of free midi drum grooves at
http://www.groovemonkee.com/pages/free-midi-loops

Let me know if they work in DP.
levispeights