DP and AUM

Forum for users of DrumPerfect drum sequencer app for IOS.

DP and AUM

Postby ZenLizard » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:37 pm

If I insert DP into Auria Pro as an IAA, I can start and stop transport of DP from Auria Pro just fine. If I insert DP into AUM as an IAA, I can't get the AUM transport control to start or stop DP when Ableton Link is enabled in both apps. It works sort-of works if Ableton Link is turned off in either DrumPerfect or AUM, but the "return to start" button on the AUM remote strip and within the AUM window still doesn't do anything. Hopefully I just have something set incorrectly.
ZenLizard

Re: DP and AUM

Postby Gilbert » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Ableton link only sync the tempo of apps. It has no effect on start or stop the apps. Each app has to be started on its own, and will sync at the next bar.

If this is a bit inconvenient on iPad, Audiobus has a very convenient button that start all together ( or so depending of the apps... ).

When we connect DPP as an IAA ( Ableton Link disabled ) we can see appear on the upper left corner a mini transport from the host app. From DPP or the host, it can be started, both will sync ( IAA ).
Here, for me, it is working fine with AUM ( including "return to start" button ) , modstep as well ( as long as DPP Ableton Link is disabled ). Since Auria ( and Cubasis ) don't support Ableton Link they just automatically sync via IAA.
Hope that helps.
Gilbert

Re: DP and AUM

Postby ZenLizard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:07 am

Absolutely, and thanks. I must have used the AudioBus route previously and just forgot about it since I've been using AUM more often.
ZenLizard

Return to DrumPerfect