[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
DrumPerfect.nl • View topic - Newbie questions - Shortening pattern, creating new kit

Newbie questions - Shortening pattern, creating new kit

Forum for users of DrumPerfect drum sequencer app for IOS.

Newbie questions - Shortening pattern, creating new kit

Postby ambdesign » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:45 am

Hello DrumPerfect users and developers,

I have a couple of questions regarding this great app.
The first one is if it is possible to split an imported pattern? I have noted that i should be possible to extend patterns by appending bars/section to one another. I have not tried it though.
My next question concerns customized drum kits. Is it possible to create a drum kit with four different toms?

Best regards
Anders
ambdesign

Re: Newbie questions - Shortening pattern, creating new kit

Postby ambdesign » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:50 pm

By this reply I am answering my own question regarding shortening patterns.
A little trial and error has given me the answer that it is possible to delete parts of patterns, at the end at least.

To do this you reduce the upper number of the "Time sig" in the "PATTERN" view. So, if you for instance want to delete half of a 16/4 pattern you should turn it into a 8/4 pattern (NOTE! My imported patterns always seem to get the 16/4 time signature by default).

I haven't tried to delete beginning parts of a pattern, but I guess you could always switch to the "GRID" view and click on "Select" at the bottom and then mark all the beats that you want to delete. The next step would be to click "Select" again and mark all te beats that you want in the begining of the pattern and then click "Move" and then actually moving them to the left with the arrow button.

Best regards
Anders
ambdesign

Re: Newbie questions - Shortening pattern, creating new kit

Postby Marinus » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Marinus
Site Admin

Return to DrumPerfect