[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
DrumPerfect.nl • View topic - Hi Hat pedal emulation

Hi Hat pedal emulation

Forum for users of DrumPerfect drum sequencer app for IOS.

Hi Hat pedal emulation

Postby BizyG » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Love the app and starting to use it more frequently. Have created my own kit based on samples and trying to get the hi hat function working so I can choke the hats, or in other words, stop the opens hats sample when the closed hi hat or pedal stomp sample is played.

The manual alludes to this functionality through the use of the "<pedal>" value, however I get strange results. I am using the patterns function for this scenario

For my example I'm using an open hi hat sample on beat 1 and a closed hi hat on beat 2. With <pedal> settings set to n/a for both I get the following result:

Beat 1: Open Hi hat
Beat 2: open hi hat from beat 1 still ringing + closed hi hat.

What I want to hear is:
Beat 1: Open hi hat
Beat 2: Closed hi hat + Open hi hat stops dead

When I set up the samples as recommended I get strange results:

Open hi hat: <pedal> = open
Closed hi hat: <pedal> = closed

I hear:
Beat 1: nothing
Beat 2: Open Hi Hat + closed hi hat starting at the same time

If I mute just the closed hi hat I hear nothing either beat. If I mute just the open hi hat I hear closed hi hat beat 2.

I reversed it just in case:

Open hi hat: <pedal> = closed
Closed hi hat: <pedal> = open

I hear:
Beat 1: Open Hi Hat + closed hi hat starting at the same time
Beat 2: .... Open hi hat keeps ringing (no closed hi hat sound)

If I mute just the open hi hat I hear nothing any beat. If I mute just the closed hi hat I only hear open hi hat on beat 1.

I can't work it out. Can you please help?
BizyG

Re: Hi Hat pedal emulation

Postby Marinus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:39 pm

The current hihat control can use a selected instrument (typically open hihat) to control another (typically closed hihat); basically what it does is mix both instrument samples depending on the velocity of the control instrument. This can be used e.g. to simulate the amount of "openess" of the hihat. It is not a choke group. Choke groups will be in the upcoming update where e.g. the hihat pedal can be set to choke the open hihat sound.

So, expect to receive this functionality in the coming months ;-)
Marinus
Site Admin

Postby BizyG » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Oh that's clever! And useful. Look forward to the choke update :) Thanks for your prompt and succinct response.
BizyG

Postby tem » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:53 am

tem

Return to DrumPerfect