MIDI sync

Forum for users of DrumPerfect drum sequencer app for IOS.

Re: MIDI sync

Postby Jg707 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Marinus - thanks for the input here. I will try the reinstall and see if that helps. I have looked several times and it's definately not in the list. Has anyone else reported syncing issues? I've tried everything everyone has suggested (on three forums!) and so far no luck...

@ZenLizard - yes DP definately not there, but as you can see it appears I need to reload the app. As to the the syncing issue. I have had Auria in the foreground and starting the project from there, but still have the issue. I'm not sure what to think at this point. I'm hoping that if I reload the DP app that it will magically fix everything! Oh well, what are without our dreams....

Thanks to both of you for your input. I'm still trying to figure this out..... :roll:
Jg707

Postby ZenLizard » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Let me know how it turns out after re-installing. I am usually the one with bizarre problems that know one has ever heard of, so I know how it is.
ZenLizard

Postby Jg707 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm

I made some interesting discoveries , this weekend, with DP and Auria. I found that it works best if you turn off MTC and MMC and only have Auria 'Send Notes'
What happens is it locks up tempo wise and starts with Auria perfectly and stays in time. If you have MMC on DP gets "confused" and drifts off time.

The other thing I found is if you have DP chosen through the insert of a channel it uses waaaaayyyyyy more CPU space than if you just have them sync seperately. You lose the ability to control the volume within Auria, but I won't need to utilize that function till I'm getting ready to mix anyway and by that point I will have recorded the synced drums to their own tracks.

I was banging my head against the whole sync thing for days until I stopped trying to get MIDI time code working. Hopefully DP will implement true time code in the future, but at least for now you can start/stop and sync in time!

Thanks again to everyone for all your help!
Jg707

Previous

Return to DrumPerfect