Creating Kits

Forum for users of DrumPerfect drum sequencer app for IOS.

Creating Kits

Postby Fitz » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi Marinus. As per your suggestion, I've been playing around with creating percussion kits. I'm not a kit drummer and though I really like the existing kits i think Drumperfect could be the one for congas, cajons etc. What I've discovered is that creating kits is almost as much fun as creating rhythms. I create a simple pattern and then add, edit, swap etc different samples, coming back to it later to mess around more! Great stuff! I'm still struggling to find great samples though, although it is true that I'm trying to get free stuff at the moment. I don't mind paying, but I only want hits and not loops, and i really want to know that they're going to be useful. Any suggestions from you or the community would be greatly appreciated.
I've also asked for random patterns but my work around is using Sector, so there's no rush, and I'm still trying to use the probability controls to create various patterns anyway. Thanks for the app (once again).
Fitz

Re: Creating Kits

Postby Marinus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks! If I remember right there have been a few threads on the Audiobus forum about where to find good drum samples. By the way, I completely agree that it would be awesome to have percussion kits.
Marinus
Site Admin

Postby ronaldobc » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:15 am

I do not know how it would matter of copyright, but if there was an online library would be very interesting.
For thus would overtax the application and each user would customize the kits to your taste by downloading only the sounds that interest you.
(remembering that each piece of the drum must have at least 12 similar files to create dynamic)
ronaldobc

Postby Fitz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:54 pm

For me, this is the issue. Even if you find good samples, you don't find enough similar samples to do Drumperfect justice. Is this a completely different way of using drum samples? Does any other drum player need a similar selection of samples? If not, then we need some people to create Drumperfect sets, no? And then they may as well put kits together and sell them or share them. I'm getting reasonable results with some sample collections I find, but maybe it could be better with Drumperfect specific sets?
Fitz

Return to DrumPerfect